Zelta Zeme - Baltic peat moss manufacturer since 1933!
Zelta Zeme (formerly Livanu Kudra) has been extracting and developing peat since 1933. For more than 80 years, company continues develop peat processing technologies, putting into practice the highest category of quality control in all stages of production of peat raw materials and finished peat substrates.
Our core business areas are the extraction of raw peat, the manufacture of peat raw materials, and the development, production and sale of ready to use growing media.
Sales partners and customers
Trading in substrate components
Optimum development for the crops
Substrates are made in-house
Extraction of raw peat
The company is one of the largest employers in the region, employing about 100 people and additionally 50-60 people in the months of peat development. The company, with more than 15-20 jobs, also supports the summer employment program for students.
- We are RHP certified
- We have been a supportor of RPP (responsibly produced peat) from the very beginning
- We are a member of Growing Media Europe
RHP quality schem
– ensures full process and product control by external auditors and laboratories
– controls peat bog management– lays down strict guidelines for harvesting, storage, monitoring of temperatures and treatment of peat raw material
– requires laboratory tests of all raw materials before their use– requires inspection of all substrates when ready to use
– all additives and constituents need RHP approval
– retained sample of each delivery to be stored under specific conditions– specific RHP developed standards and methods
– chemical and physical specification of each particular recipe to be predefined
Growing Media Europe AISBL is an international non-profit organisation representing the producers of growing media and soil improvers at European level. Growing Media Europe is committed to the highest environmental standards, to the sustainable use of natural resources and to contributing to the competitiveness of the European horticultural sector by providing high quality growing media products.
…Business in Livani County is very patriotic (Pēteris Romanovskis)
Efficient quality management systems.
Before to substrate production, each raw material is subject to internal and external controls conducted by laboratories.The samples from final substrates are automatically taken from the production lines and sent to our internal laboratory for immediate analysis
ZeltaZeme iss committed to providing our grower partners with analytical services as well as a team of technical professionals to consult with growers regarding media or plant growth problems.
Our Analytics Services
Growing Media Analysis including complete physical properties: Water and Nutrient Analysis; Fertilizer Analysis; Sampling Process